miércoles, 5 de agosto de 2026

 A message from Yarden Bibas to his son, Ariel, on what should have been his 7th birthday.

On October 7, 2023, Ariel, who was just 4 years old, along with his mother, Shiri, and his baby brother, Kfir, was kidnapped from their home in Kibbutz Nir Oz in southern Israel by Palestinian terrorists. While held captive in Gaza, all three were brutally murdered.
Their father, Yarden, was kidnapped separately and was released in February 2025.
“Instead of celebrating your birthday, instead of going with Mom to buy things for your birthday party, I'm sitting here beside you...
In the only place where I feel closest to you.
Time isn't doing its thing, and the days aren't becoming any easier. The longing grows stronger day by day, and the feelings of loneliness and absence only intensify.
The days go by, the sun still rises every morning and sets every night, and life continues to be empty and without much meaning.
Everything enjoyable feels empty and hollow.
In everything I do, I can't help but think about you and how it could have been so much more enjoyable with all of you!
I hope you know that I would give up everything for just one more little moment with all of you!
I would give up my life if it would bring all of you back!
Chuki, I can't lift you up in your birthday chair, and I also don't get to see you excitedly open all the presents you would have received, or feel the excitement of watching you share them with Kfir, whom you love so much!
But I hope that up in heaven they're lifting you up and celebrating your birthday!
I'm sure Mom arranged the most beautiful birthday she could for you, just like we did for you at the kibbutz every year.
To me, you will forever be my whole world, and every little moment of happiness is because of you and for you!
I love you more than anything in the world, always, forever!!
I love all of you more than anything in the world, always, forever

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.